Investing in Foreclosures: For Novices it's a Crap Shoot
- Under general tax rules for a single-member limited liability company, a home owned by the entity could qualify for the home-sale tax exclusion, says CPA George Saenz.
Will Rolling Down Windows Save Fuel or Not?
- People can argue endlessly over whether rolling down the windows is more fuel efficient than having windows up and AC on. But here's the right answer.
Buy or Rent? Neither - Stay with Parents
- Young adults should get a feel for the housing market and settle into a job before making a big financial commitment, says Real Estate Adviser Steve McLinden.
How Much is Too Much on Home Improvements?
- Crossing any item off that wish list comes at a cost. As projects snowball (as they all seem to do) you may start to wonder if it's all worth it.
10 "Must Do" Steps to Sell Your Home this Year - It's a buyer's market in most areas of the country so if you're selling your home this year, be prepared for a marathon, not a sprint. Following these 10 tips will help you sell soon.
How to Negotiate Closing Costs
- Consumers can save thousands on their closing costs, if they know which items are negotiable and which they can purchase themselves.
Home Prices Fall in One Third of Nation
- Home values fell so steeply in Michigan, Ohio, Florida and New Orleans that they dragged down the median price for the whole country,